Home - How to Start a Podcast
RSS, which stands for Really Simple Syndication, is a standard created to enable sharing of content acrossthe internet. All of the news, events and blogs that appear on our website are consumable by an RSS aggregator, or in more simpler terms, an RSS reader. There are various applications that you can use to consume these feeds that our website provides for you. Most modern browsers incorporate bookmarking RSS feeds. However, if you would like to download a separate application, simply search for RSS Reader on Google .
A podcast is a collection of files (usually audio but may include video) residing at a unique web feed address. We tell you this because you can "subscribe" to our to different podcasts that we offer by submitting the feeds address to an aggregator, like iTunes (it's a free download). When new "episodes" become available they will automatically be downloaded by iTunes to your computer.
Follow these steps to subscribe:
- Find the sermon series that you are interested in downloading and click on the title. When you see the sermon series table, click on the most recent entry.You will then be on the last entry of that podcast.
- Right click on the RSS feed button on the right-hand side of the screen and click on Copy Link Location. (or "Copy Shortcut")
- Open iTunes
- Click on Advanced > Subscribe to Podcast
- Paste in the URL that is currently in your clipboard (step #2)
- Click OK
- iTunes will now begin downloading the last episode. If you wish to download additional episodes, simply click on any that you wish to download.
© Southside Bible Church
1265 N. Madison Ave, Greenwood, IN 46142 | 317.859.7977